- OnionShare is an open source tool that lets you securely and anonymously share files, host websites, and chat with friends
- Whonix ™ is software designed to preserve privacy and anonymity by helping users run applications anonymously
- Qubes OS is a free and open-source, security-oriented operating system for single-user desktop computing
- Keybase End-to-end encryption for things that matter.Keybase is secure messaging and file-sharing
- Bitcoin Core is an open source project which maintains and releases Bitcoin client software called “Bitcoin Core”
- Wasabi is an open-source, non-custodial, privacy-focused Bitcoin wallet for Desktop, that implements trustless CoinJoin.
- Tor Browser isolates each website you visit so third-party trackers and ads can't follow you
About these open source software
Whonix ™ realistically addresses common attack vectors.
An IP address is a label which is used to identify a computer on the Internet. A simple analogy is an IP address is similar to a car license plate.
Hiding IP addresses is technically difficult for software. There is always a risk of so-called IP leaks, whereby a user mistakenly thinks the IP address is hidden when it is actually not.
Whonix ™ is the best solution to prevent IP leaks because it uses a more solid technical design. IP leak issues that previously applied to other software were not applicable to Whonix ™ in a number of cases; see Whonix ™ Protection against Real World Attacks.
IP leaks are not the only issue that can break a user's anonymity. Other threats include time attacks, keystroke deanonymization and data collection techniques. Whonix ™ deploys numerous security mechanisms [archive] to mitigate such attacks.
Please do not torrent over Tor.Tor Browser will block browser plugins such as Flash, RealPlayer, QuickTime, and others: they can be manipulated into revealing your IP address.We do not recommend installing additional add-ons or plugins into Tor BrowserPlugins or addons may bypass Tor or compromise your privacy. Tor Browser already comes with HTTPS Everywhere, NoScript, and other patches to protect your privacy and security.
This wallet gives you full control over your bitcoins. This means no third party can freeze or lose your funds. You are however still responsible for securing and backing up your wallet.Centralized validationThis wallet relies on a centralized service by default. This means a third party must be trusted to not hide or simulate payments.Complete transparencyThis wallet is open-source and built deterministically. This means any developer in the world can audit the code and make sure the final software isn't hiding any secrets.Vulnerable environmentThis wallet can be loaded on computers which are vulnerable to malware. Securing your computer, using a strong passphrase, moving most of your funds to cold storage, or enabling two-factor authentication can make it harder to steal your bitcoins.